Translation Procedure


The procedure for a translation is generally as follows:

1. Inquiry
Please request a quote by sending the text to me via e-mail. The more detailed your information (e.g. intended use/target audience, vocabulary lists, specific terms, similar texts, translation volume, deadlines, etc.), the more precise the offer will be. If I have any inquires, I will contact you personally.

2. Quote
After extensive analysis of the text, you will receive a binding offer with my quote (including all the terms and conditions) by e-mail promptly. Then, you confirm the order. To check my rates, click here.

3. Confirmation & Commitment Fee
Upon receipt of your formal order it will also be confirmed by me via e-mail.
At this stage, you are kindly asked to pay for a commitment fee which amounts to 25% of the total amount quoted for the translation.

* For clients who pay via bank transfer, you will be asked to pay a commitment fee into my bank account (at The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ or Japan Post Bank) by bank transfer or online transfer over the Internet.
* For clients who pay via PayPal, you will receive the email message that contains the PayPal invoice for a commitment fee so that you can pay in just a few clicks. You can pay in any currencies supported by PayPal. Please note that the PayPal transaction fee is applied (3.6% of the charge + 40 yen) for each transaction. 
* If the client appears to be reliable (depending on the volume), I do not ask for a commitment fee and only ask for the final payment when the translation is completed.

4. Translation
Upon receipt of the confirmation of your payment, I begin with the translation.  

5. Delivery
As soon as the translation has been completed and been subjected to careful reviewing, it will be sent to you via e-mail or online storage (in case of a large file). I ask you to confirm receipt of the translation. On completion of the translation, you will be asked to pay the final amount due into my bank account or receive the final PayPal invoice for the amount due.  

6. Final Payment
You pay the final amount due.

7. Follow up
Should you require a modification of the text due to translation errors, you are free to request changes within 1 month of receipt.

[Confidentiality]
As a translator, I often have access to confidential and sensitive information. As a matter of course, I keep the information of your texts strictly confidential. However, if you insist on a non-disclosure or other agreement to maintain confidentiality, I will have no problem signing one.